The Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) is taken by candidates in the final year of Basic school.
The new and improved registration process is done on the BECE online platform or the Registration Application and there is no biometrics capture, unlike the previous years.
The BECE application is a suite of software that enables schools(centres) to register their candidates, make payment, and manage their candidates' information for the BECE Online Examination.
The minimum number of candidates to be registered by a school for BECE is twenty (20). Any centre registering less than 20 candidates is deemed unviable.
- Centres must have been registered with NECO and in the database.
- For new centres, the URL will be provided only after a centre has submitted its validation list to NECO, but for an existing centre, kindly follow the URL provided to you.
- Centres must visit the nearest NECO state office with their candidates' validation slip for candidate accreditation by the state officer.
- Centres must validate candidates before they can make payment for their registration.
- Any centre registering less than 20 candidates is deemed unviable and will have to pay an unviable fee.
With the BECE Portal, you can perform these task below:
- Update Centre information by creating an admin account.
- Login and Make payments for the validated candidates.
- Upload candidate information and generate exam number.
- Print Validation Slips.
- Make corrections on candidate details before final upload.
- View candidates and print photo cards.
- Upload candidates’ third-year continuous assessment scores (CA3)
Click HERE for the 2021 BECE registration User Guide.
You might find these articles helpful: