About SSCE External
This is the examination taken by candidates in their last stage of Secondary School Education. The SSCE External is for candidates that are not in the School system, i.e. Private Candidates. The minimum number of subjects a candidate can register for is eight while the maximum is nine. You can find out more about the guidelines, fees, timetable, and other useful information here -> https://www.neco.gov.ng/our-exams/ssce-external/.
The new SSCE External registration starts with
- a candidate making payments and registering via the online registration app https://ssceexternal.neco.gov.ng/
- and completing the registration by capturing your biometric fingerprint at a café nearest to you, you can find out by searching for a registration point here -> https://operator.neco.gov.ng/.
Note: café operators can find more information and download the offline app here ->https://ssceexternal.neco.gov.ng/
The diagram below gives a quick overview of the SSCE External registration process.
Visit the more detailed step by step articles below to guide you through the registration process.
SSCE Ext Online application
- 1. Create a new account on SSCE Ext
- 2. Activate your SSCE Ext Account
- 3. How to Login to your SSCE Ext Online Account
- 4. How to Purchase Registration Quotas for SSCE External.
- 5. How to register a candidate for SSCE External
- 6. How to locate a cafe operator
- 7. Capture biometric offline
- 8. Print photocard.
SSCE Ext Offline application (for operators)